time zone

From: Alex Hillman <alex_hillman_at_physia.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:23:06 -0400

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFEC15.14C2AA40

        charset="iso-8859-1"

Could somebody explain to me how Oracle resolve time zone problem. My understanding is that Oracle keep dates in GMT. How it convert let say sysdate? Using time zone of the server, of the client. How it convert time zone in DML?, using time zone of the client?

Alex Hillman

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFEC15.14C2AA40

        charset="iso-8859-1"

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>time zone</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Could somebody explain to me how =
Oracle resolve time zone problem. My understanding is that Oracle keep = dates in GMT. How it convert let say sysdate? Using time zone of the = server, of the client. How it convert time zone in DML?, using time = zone of the client?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Alex Hillman</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFEC15.14C2AA40-- Received on Wed Jul 12 2000 - 10:23:06 CDT