Re: database create

From: <Winnie_Liu_at_infonet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:25:50 -0700

If your create database command failed, that means you don't have a database created at all. Cleanup all that had been created for that database (including controlfile, system tablespace datafile and redolog files) and create the database again.

Winnie

Steff Gonos <steff_gonos_at_yahoo.com> on 07/12/2000 01:10:20 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: (bcc: Winnie Liu/HQ/ISC)

Subject: database create

help ...

what have I done in the following scenario - I used a script to issue the create database command. For my data file, the path was incorrect. So I got a create database failed message.

I corrected the path, reissued the command and now am getting the create data base failed message and data base mounted message.

Can I just add the data file? I looked at the ALter tablespace command that allows me to add a datafile, but I am confused, cause at this point, I don't believe I have a tablespace created.

This is what I issued -
create database PROTO

   maxinstances 8
   maxlogfiles 32
   maxdatafiles 500
datafile

   '/oracle_app/oradata/PROTO/PROTOsys01.dbf' size 100M
logfile
 group 1 ('/oracle_app/oradata/PROTO/PROTOlog1a.dbf',

'/oracle_data/oradata/PROTO/PROTOlog1b.dbf')
size 10M,
 group 2 ('/oracle_app/oradata/PROTO/PROTOlog2a.dbf',

'/oracle_data/oradata/PROTO/PROTOlog2b.dbf')
size 10M,
 group 3 ('/oracle_app/oradata/PROTO/PROTOlog3a.dbf',

'/oracle_data/oradata/PROTO/PROTOlog3b.dbf')
size 10M,
 group 4 ('/oracle_app/oradata/PROTO/PROTOlog4a.dbf',

'/oracle_data/oradata/PROTO/PROTOlog4b.dbf')
size 10M;

Appreciate any ideas on how to fix this. Thanks.
Steff Gonos
TASC

The opinions expressed herein are mine. Get your own opinions!

Steff Gonos
steff_gonos_at_yahoo.com

Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail ? Free email you can access from anywhere! http://mail.yahoo.com/