RE: Tell me about the confused OCP.

From: Janardhana Babu <jbdonga_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 14:57:49 -0700

Iam under the impression that I need to upgrade my certification before the older version expires. Actually, I saw the expiration date(August 2000) for Oracle7exam, and I upgraded to Oracle8 in Jan this year. When contacted, they told me that I need too upgrade to Oracle8 before Aug 2000. If failed to upgrade before Aug 2000, my certification would be invalid and I need to take all the Oracle 8 exams(6, I believe) to get into the certification path again. Also, they said, I need to take Oracle8 upgrade exam and then only eligible to take oracle8i upgrade exam and I can't bypass oracle8 upgrade exam and take oracle8i upgrade exam. directly from oracle7 cert.

My question is, after a few years oracle stops offering oracle8 upgrade exam( just like Oracle7 exam), then how can I appear for Oracle8i upgrade exam if I have only Oracle7 cert and not Oracle8 cert? Since it is not possible to bypass oracle8 upgrade exam inorder to get oracle8i cert., it will be of no use to hold oracle7 cert. which automatically force you to take all the oracle8i or 9i exams at some point in time. Let me know if what I think is wrong.

Author: Xiaoliang Chen
  INET: ochen_at_netrue.com

Author: Janardhana Babu
  INET: jbdonga_at_ucdavis.edu

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may Received on Wed Jul 12 2000 - 16:57:49 CDT