Long Running Jobs From SQL Worksheet

From: Bill Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 18:57:09 -0700

Hello,

A user connects to our 8.0.5 oracle server on an NT 4.0 machine, via phone from home, and submits sql queries which may run for a long time, greater than 2 hours. Because of restrictions on our campus modem pool the connection is dropped after 2 hours. If the job is not completed it is terminated.

Is it possible to submit 'batch' jobs from sql worksheet and if so how can it be set up?

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
Information Resources
wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu
(530) 754-6208

Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio? Received on Wed Jul 12 2000 - 20:57:09 CDT