CTL Files

From: Stephen Andert <StephenAndert_at_firsthealth.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 12:01:47 -0600

Can I use a variable in the INFILE string in a CTL file for sqlloader?

i.e. the line currently reads:

INFILE '/m17/oradata/work/qtr1/db_file1.ing'

and I would to have something like=20

X =3D '/m17/oradata/work/qtr1'

INFILE $X/db_file1.ing

The reason is that I have 32 ctl files and am loading data for many = different qtr's and am changing the ctl files every time. I guess it = might be easier to just move the data files into a temp directory for = loading, then move them out when done and move the next batch in. =20

Thoughts? Received on Tue Jul 11 2000 - 13:01:47 CDT