RE: queries too slow

From: Steve Boyd <pimaco_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:01:55 -0700 (PDT)

And after all that, what is your recommendation to tune the query?

I do agree with you. I have seen plenty of queries that were doing massive index scans, and were returning most of the rows. They had a great hit-rate, but would have run much faster if they would have done a full table scan.

Anyway, I'm sure the problem with the query is something like it is using the wrong index, or there isn't a good index to use, or maybe even that it should be doing a full table scan. Experiment, and find what works the best.