Re: Oracle Forms4.5 error- DBA suggestions request.

From: Ken Komoto <kgkomoto_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:15:11 -0700

generally, this error message means that your working/starting directory is not writable by you... So if you have set your oracle directory to be read-only, and it is also your starting directory, then you will croak, even if you redirect to a directory that is writable by you. You must change the start directory and restart the forms designer. To save your work, save the form to the database, exit the form designer, alter the starting directory, restart the form designer, load the form from the database and save it as a file...

At 01:35 PM 7/11/00 -0800, Manasa Rao wrote:
>Hi All,
>
> I have Personal oracle 7 and forms 4.5 at my home pc. All I was doing
> was saving my forms file and it wouldn't save.
> Error is:
> frm: 10044 cannot create file.
> When I looked up the error, it says
> FRM-10044: Cannot create file.
>
> Cause: An internal system error occurred.
>
> Action: Contact your DBA or an Oracle support representative.
>
> Appreciate any suggestions from the experts.
>
>regards
>Manasa.

Kenneth Komoto			Email: kgkomoto_at_ucdavis.edu
Office of the Registrar	Phone: (530)752-7197
University of California	Fax  : (530)752-0329