RE: Oracle Forms4.5 error- DBA suggestions request.

From: Larry G. Elkins <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:21:47 -0500

Manasa,

Do you have access to MetaLink? If so, you can find numerous notes on this problem. They range from outright bugs under certain circumstances in some releases of 4.5 (fixed in later releases of 4.5), issues with TEMP and/or TMP directories and SET definitions, directory/file permissions, problems when copying and pasting properties, low available RAM, large comments, etc. Anyway, there is far too much for me to list here; but, a few quick things you might want to look at based on some of the notes are:

  1. Do you have write permissions on the TEMP and/or TMP directories?
  2. Is there available space?
  3. When setting the TMP environment variable, make sure there are no spaces on either side of the "=" side -- e.g. set tmp=c:\temp

If this is a form on which you have made numerous changes over a period of time, you might want to try converting the form to an "fmt" and then back to an "fmb". In some cases, a recommended approach is to create a new form and then copy all the objects from the old form into the new form. The list goes on with many other suggestions depending upon your specific point release, and, the particulars of your situation.

Anyway, try checking some of the above things, try what Ken mentioned, and, if you still have problems, check out MetaLink and review the info in each of the notes to try to zero in on what your particular problem might be. I'm sorry I couldn't be of much more help; but, it there can be numerous causes for this error message.

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
The Elkins Organization Inc.
elkinsl_at_flash.net