RE: where to alter the path of redologs

From: Wasserman, Sara <sjwasserman_at_pscnet.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:13:01 -0700

Rachel, this seems like extra steps to me. What's wrong with:

1. create a new redo log file(s)
2. switch logs until you are in the new log file
3. drop the old one(s)

Is there a reason you need a temporary file?

Arvind,

To answer your second question: You can't control which tables in a tablespace go into which datafiles in a tablespace. If you want to separate tables, you'll need to place them in separate tablespaces.

HTH,
Sara Wasserman