Process flow of a transaction

From: SUBRAHMANYESWARA RAO DASARI <srdasari1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:26:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am new to DBA world and am going thru material to appear OCP exam. As i know following is the process flow for an insert statement:

1. blocks in db-buffer gets modified with new data
2. redo entry is written to log buffer
3. db-writer writes to disk when necessary
4. log-writer writes to redo log files when commit
occurs or when necessary following 3 conditions set out.

I do not understand when a rollback segment is written. I believe it is db-writer that writes to rollback segment as well when it is writing to disk(data segments).

can any one please clarify

dasari

Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail Free email you can access from anywhere! http://mail.yahoo.com/ Received on Mon Jul 10 2000 - 11:26:27 CDT