RE: URGENT - NT Recovery - procedure needed for hot backup recove

From: Sandeep Kurliye <Sandeep.Kurliye_at_almarai.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 19:34:12 +0300

Recovery from HOT backup can be done as follows.

  1. Find out which datafile is corrupted.
  2. Restore the datafile from hot backup.
  3. Mount database.
  4. And apply archived logs.
  5. After applying all necessary archived logs, open the database.

There are different recovery steps for different scenario. I am explaining you in short.

Give more detail about the error, so that we can help you out.

HTH, Sandeep.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.