Re: Combination of Raw Volumes and File Systems

From: Vadim Gorbunov <dim_at_protek.ru>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 09:07:39 +0400

--------------953071895A04E517225EA898

"Khedr, Waleed" wrote:

> I have not done this but I believe an Oracle file is the same whether it is
> Raw or Cooked.

NO, this is not correct. My personal experience say - db may have both raw and common FS files, but you can transfer data berween them only using IMP/EXP Vadim

> What you will need to copy the Raw file to UFS using some tool may be dd and
> then (alter database rename old-file to new-file location) after putting
> tablespace in offline mode.
>
> You will need to know the exact number of blocks inside the raw file to
> copy.
>
> Any corrections are welcomed,
>
> Waleed

 filename="dim.vcf"

begin:vcard
n:Gorbunov;Vadim
tel;work:(095)737-3533
x-mozilla-html:FALSE

url:www.protek.ru
org:Protek;IT
adr:;;;Moscow;;;Russia

version:2.1
email;internet:dim_at_protek.ru
title:Oracle DBA Received on Fri Jul 07 2000 - 00:07:39 CDT