Problem while scheduling Jobs

From: <prem_at_ibsplc.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 10:55:48 +0530

Hi,

    This is the same problem that I had posted once. I have scheduled a job, inside the function that is scheduled, there is a select statement like this

select to_date(next_date,'DD-MM-YYYY') into d_date from dual where job = '1000';

This particular statement causes an exception and writes this to the alert file in the Bdump. It says Non numeric character was found where expected. This caused the alert log to get filled up and Oracle server crashes. I am using Oracle version 8.0.4. If it is a problem with the date format, how can it be rectified.

Can anybody please explain why this happens?

It would be of a great help.

Thanks in advance. Received on Fri Jul 07 2000 - 00:25:48 CDT