Re: Unix Copy problem

From: I.S. Manager <ismgr_at_pctc.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 08:04:56 -0700

You can start by compressing it first. Compress is pretty efficient on Oracle tablespace files (unless they're almost full). And an on-site compression will be more efficient than depending on the compression of your routers (if you have that).

At 11:15 PM 7/6/00 -0800, you wrote:

<excerpt>Unix Copy problem

<smaller>Hi all,</smaller>

<smaller>I want to copy a 1.6GB data from one unix machine to another
unix machine.Since one machine is in India and the other one in europe it is taking quite a longer time to copy.</smaller>

<smaller>Can any one of you suggest me the best and fastest way of doing
this?There is no much time in hand.Quick replies will put me out of trouble.</smaller>

<smaller>thanks in advance</smaller>

<smaller>Uma Shankar</smaller>

</excerpt>

---

Dennis Taylor

---

The opinions expressed herein are mine. Get your own opinions!