RE : Re:RE: Moving datafiles

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 09:41:30 +0200

Another paranoid here. Unless I have to displace to the same filesystem and I am short of space, I always do a cp, check that the database opens correctly, rebounce it to be certain (that's how you recognize old-timers; with Oracle 5, you could add a file, and if no full path was specified it was operating correctly until you shutdown the database, and by then it could not restart), and THEN remove the initial file. Too easy to make a mistake before the first coffee cup of the day. In fact I would even backup controlfile to trace, just in case.

--
Regards,

  Stephane Faroult
  email: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com