Re: 2 NICs on NT and Listener setup

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_bcbso.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 07:22:11 -0700 (PDT)

There was an extensive thread on this subject within the past couple of days.

Take a look in the archives for it.

Send 'HELP' to ListGuru_at_fatcity.com if you are unsure of how to use the archives.

Jared

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000 Steve.Parker_at_lis.co.uk wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> We have a Compaq Proliant 5500 with 2 network interface cards, 2 IP
> addresses.
>
> Depending on the binding order, we can only get 1 SQL*NET connection
> working
> at a time. If we edit the listener.ora file to include both IP addresses,
> nothing works !
>
> Any experience or gotchas please !
>
> Steve Parker
> Technical Consultant
> LIS
>
> Logistics & Internet Systems Ltd.
> Knaves House, Knaves Beech Business Centre
> Loudwater, High Wycombe
> Buckinghamshire , HP10 9QR, United Kingdom
> E Mail: steve.parker_at_lis.co.uk

> INET: Steve.Parker_at_lis.co.uk

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;-) Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
jkstill_at_bcbso.com - Work - preferred address Received on Fri Jul 07 2000 - 09:22:11 CDT