Round or Trunc numbers

From: Christine Turner <Christine.Turner_at_IPS-Sendero.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 11:23:41 -0000

Hello All,

Got a question regarding inserting numbers. Have a table where the number column is defined as 18,6. I'm getting the infomous ORA-01438: value larger than specified precision allows for this column error. OUCH! Anyway...I know there is a way to truncate the number to the right of the decimal, but is there a way to truncate from the left????  Anyway to make the number that is being inserted "fit" into the column regardless of the format that column has????

Thanks in Advance.

Christine Turner
Database Administrator
IPS-Sendero
Scottsdale, Arizona
Phone: (800) 321-6899 ext. 3286
Fax: (480) 946-8224
E-mail: christine.turner_at_ips-sendero.com Received on Fri Jul 07 2000 - 06:23:41 CDT