2 NICs on NT and Listener setup

From: <Steve.Parker_at_lis.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 11:31:28 +0100

Dear List,

We have a Compaq Proliant 5500 with 2 network interface cards, 2 IP addresses.

Depending on the binding order, we can only get 1 SQL*NET connection working
at a time. If we edit the listener.ora file to include both IP addresses, nothing works !

Any experience or gotchas please !

Steve Parker
Technical Consultant
LIS Logistics & Internet Systems Ltd.
Knaves House, Knaves Beech Business Centre Loudwater, High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire , HP10 9QR, United Kingdom E Mail: steve.parker_at_lis.co.uk

 From: sean.hull_at_pobox.com
 Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 06:48:20 -0400 (EDT)  Subject: OFF TOPIC:karma v1.0, finally

For those who are not familiar, I've been developing an Oracle Database Monitoring system in Perl. After a year in development, I'm proud to announce 1.0. Who would have guessed it would be so much work. This version should be substantially more stable as I've just been spending the last few releases fixing bugs, and not really adding any new features. There were a lot of bugs.

http://www.iheavy.com/karma/
http://freshmeat.net/appindex/1999/09/04/936436051.html

Enjoy.

 From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>  Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 12:30:07 +0200
 Subject: RE queries too slow:

Prakash,

  1. If your primary key is concatenated, check that you indeed have the most significant column in first position, then the second less significant etc. If there the first column can only take one or two values, it could explain slowness. But this may entail reviewing indexing on the table as a whole.
  2. If nothing wrong here, try an ALTER INDEX ... REBUILD NOLOGGING | UNRECOVERABLE
--
Regards,

  Stephane Faroult
  email: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com