Re:How to tell when password expiring

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 13:22:22 -0400

Tom,

    I suppose one could create a function under sys or system (preferably) that gets called from glogin or login or anywhere else that looks like the following:

create or replace function pwd_exp(name in varchar2) return varchar2 is   time_to_go number;
begin
  select expire_date-sysdate
  into time_to_go
  from dba_users
  where username = name;
  if(time_to_go > 0) then
    return 'Your password expires in '||time_to_go||' days';   end if;
end;

You'd call it as:

select pwd_exp(user) from dual;

Dick Goulet

Subject: How to tell when password expiring Author: blair_at_pjm.com
Date: 7/7/00 8:35 AM

Has anyone on this list come up with a way to warn Oracle8 users when their passwords will soon be expiring - but before the grace period begins? One of my more persnickety users wants this.

..tom

  INET: blair_at_pjm.com