RE: Show Oracle products and versions

From: A. Bardeen <abardeen1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 23:27:07 -0700 (PDT)

Bruce,

It's a very annoying "feature" of Oracle on NT that v$version does not always show the full 5-digit patch release. It's something to do with the interaction of .dll's and .exe's on NT and how all of them are not updated with each patch release (or at least that's how support explained it to me). I've certainly complained enough about it (yet another use for the feedback button on MetaLink!).

I usually check the bin directory for the size/timestamp of ORACLExx.EXE before and after I install the patch and compare it with the one included in the patch.

HTH,