Resolved: Re: 2 NIC's in NT?

From: Robert Eskridge <bryny_at_dfweahs.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 14:01:17 -0500

>> A third party is doing an install with Oracle 8i on and NT box that
>> we've provided. It happens to have 2 NIC cards in it. They say they
>> can't get the listener to work because it has 2 NIC cards. I've done
>> a number of *nix installs but never an NT, but their statement sounds
>> goofy to me.
>>
>> Am I being too suspicious?

A big thanks to everyone who responded. This list continues to be one of the best and fastest resources available.

Using the notes and explanations sent both privately and to the list, we were able to intervene in the installation, tweak the listener configuration and get the third party past their roadblock. Work is now proceeding and we have a new appreciation <ahem!> of the third party DBA's skill set..... Received on Wed Jul 05 2000 - 14:01:17 CDT