Re: Regarding Database links

From: A. Bardeen <abardeen1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 01:49:40 -0700 (PDT)

Prem,

You don't indicate the version of the remote database, but the ORA-3115 error indicates a networking incompatibility, although it's possible that it could be symptomatic of another error. I did a quick search of the docs and was unable to find anything indicating that nested tables can't be queried via dblinks.

I'm assuming that your query is correct (i.e. if you connect directly to the dcom db, that you can successfully issue select comp_code from str_roster;).

You're probably going to need to log a tar with Oracle Support so they can assist you in generating sql and/or net tracing and interpreting it.

HTH,