RE: SMON - Killed process

From: Weerd de E.C. Kirsten <Kirsten.deWeerd_at_Oranjewoud.nl>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 08:48:39 +0100

I tried a shutdown abort, startup and shutdown immediate. But believe it or not, SMON just got back at it as soon as I did a shutdown immediate ...

Anyway, I was advised by Orcale to put event = "10052 trace name context forever" in the init.ora file. I have no idea what it does, but I enabled us to shut down the database and take a complete backup. After that, we removed the event-line, started the database and did a shutdown immediate again ... SMON kept working at it for a couple of hours, but was finished by the time I got in this morning to make sure everybody could get to work. Just hope it goes well this evening.