Re: pctincrease --SYS objects

From: Charlie Mengler <charliem_at_mwh.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 13:09:04 -0700

Below is from the V8.1.6 DOC CD -

The SQL.BSQ file runs when you issue the CREATE DATABASE statement. This file contains the table definitions that make up the Oracle server. The views you use as a DBA are based on these tables. Oracle recommends that you strictly limit modifications to SQL.BSQ.      If necessary, you can increase the value of the following storage parameters: INITIAL, NEXT, MINEXTENTS, MAXEXTENTS, PCTINCREASE, FREELISTS, FREELIST GROUPS, and OPTIMAL.

              See Also:

              For complete information about these parameters, see Oracle8i SQL Reference.

     With the exception of PCTINCREASE, do not decrease the setting of a storage parameter to a value below the default. (If the value of MAXEXTENTS is large, then you can lower the value for PCTINCREASE or even set it to zero.)

     No other changes to SQL.BSQ are supported. In particular, you should not add, drop, or rename a column.