RE: set transaction bug?

From: Abdul Aleem <abchaudhary-ho_at_beaconhouse.edu.pk>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 12:47:25 +0500

To my understanding, when you logon to SQLPlus, a set transaction is issued implicitly. Therefore if you do abnormal shutdown of your computer, i.e., quit SQLPlus without issuing any DDL or File -> Exit etc., your transactions are not committed to the tables.

As Jack has said:

                ......... Of course you should get an error if you issue "set trans"

                while in the middle of another trans, .... seems logical.

HTH! Aleem