Re: SALARY OF AN ORACLE DBA IN THE US

From: guy ruth hammond <grh_at_agency.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 13:45:43 +0100

Ashish Shah wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ohh,, I was under impression that in US you
> guys make tons of money working as a DBA. I thought
> they give you around 70-100 $ / hour...!!!!!!!!

A contract Oracle DBA working in the Square Mile could expect between 40-60 UKP (about $64-$96) /hr. That's a lot of money, but there are no corporate benefits (training, healthcare, etc) and new laws mean that there are fewer tax breaks to working like this. Having said that, lots of people just like the flexibility and variety of working somewhere new every 6 months.

guy ruth hammond <grh_at_agency.com> | One is punished for being
Technology Analysis & Consulting  | weak, not for being cruel.
07879607148 http://www.agency.com |       -- Baudelaire