RE: SEAWEED OF AN ORACLE DBA IN CANADA

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 15:16:11 -0700

Date sent:      	Fri, 30 Jun 2000 12:22:25 -0800
To:             	Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
From:           	Janardhana Babu <jbdonga_at_ucdavis.edu>
Subject:        	RE: SALARY OF AN ORACLE DBA IN CANADA

> If DBA sal in US is $10K, then in Canada it is $11K because it is
> geographically above USA.

sorta. i was talking with some canadians the other day, and they use the rule of thumb to add 50% to U$A to get Canadian $.

So 10KU$A = 15K Canadian $.

However, both the people and the livestock are reported by some americans to be more ornery in Canada, so factor that in very carefully to your career planning formula.

>Same formulae holds good for west coast, east
> coast etc.

Plus there is more seaweed near the ocean, and we all know how important that is in the diet of most high fiber DBAs.

>The more you travel towards North pole, the more you get. Does it
> sound good?

Especially if one wishes to frequently pack hemarhoids with ice & snow. With a lot of seaweed, there may be less problems.