RE: OFF TOPIC -- Windows bat file

From: Troiano, Paul (CAP, GEFA) <Paul.Troiano_at_gecapital.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 18:57:02 -0400

The Microsoft ScriptIt Utility.

http://www.microsoft.com/NTServer/nts/deployment/custguide/scriptit3.asp
<http://www.microsoft.com/NTServer/nts/deployment/custguide/scriptit3.asp>

-----Original Message-----
From: Shockey, David [mailto:DShockey_at_jwrinc.com] Sent: Friday, June 30, 2000 3:26 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: RE: OFF TOPIC -- Windows bat file

You can't do it with a normal script unless the application can be started from the command line and accept command line parameters.

It's possible to do what you want in Windows using a macro recorder. Be careful with these things though, they can be a security risk because they may record passwords in plain text.

The menu in your application should be accessible using the ALT key in combination with the first letter of the menu choice. Once in the menu you can move around using the arrow keys.

Here is one macro recorder site, there are others.

http://www.macros.com/ <http://www.macros.com/>

Author: Wayne McGill
  INET: McGillWL_at_navair.navy.mil