(no subject)

From: Leng Kaing <leng.kaing_at_hancorp.com.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 10:02:56 +1000

I'm not sure whether you're asking a question or suggesting a solution. Anyhow, my question relates to the fact that I want to point to a single set of SQL*Net configuration files, not a single set of database instance. No, I'm not trying to separate the *.ora files, I'm trying to put them into a single place and have everyone point to it. This will be be the definitive location where all SQL*Net aliases will be defined.

If you've seen may email laterin the day, I've eventually found the solution.

So thanks anyway.

Leng.

 From: "Boivin, Patrice J" <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>  Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:31:29 -0300
Subject: RE: TNS_ADMIN on Windows again

Leng,

Why do you want to point to only one set of database instances at a = time?

When you connect you specify the instance anyway, why try to separate tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora?

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des syst=E8mes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique=20
Maritimes Region, DFO      | R=E9gion des Maritimes, MPO

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

www.mimesweeper.com