RE: Diagnosing ORA-3113 errors

From: Christine Turner <Christine.Turner_at_IPS-Sendero.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 07:19:19 -0000

We sometimes see the ORA-3113 errors on our NT machines as well. I got the same response from Oracle support as well. Usually rebooting the machine, deleting and re-creating services and restarting everything does the trick.  If by chance you have a 95 machine, you could check the SQLNTTT.DLL.  There is a zip file called SQLNTTT.zip that you can get from Oracle that replaces that particular dll. I have never tried it on NT...have no idea if it would work.

Good Luck!

Christine Turner
Database Administrator
IPS-Sendero