Re: Recover of the database

From: <Winnie_Liu_at_infonet.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 09:44:50 -0700

Arun,

Check out the Recovery Manager Scenario (chapter 9) in the Backup and Recovery menu. There is a section teaching you how to restore the controlfile from the backup set first in nomount mode (database).

It is something like

run {
allocate channel t1 type 'SBT_TAPE';

restore controlfile to '<controfile location>';

}

Let me know how it goes also. Thanks!

Winnie

"ARUN K C" <arun_k_c_at_hotmail.com> on 06/28/2000 04:55:09 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: (bcc: Winnie Liu/HQ/ISC)

Subject: Recover of the database

Hi all,
I have 2 databases which are running on NT,ie ORCL AND TEST databases I have taken a full backup of the TEST database thro rman. I lost all the files including the controlfile on the test . I tried to recover the database using the enterprise manager it gives the following error

Recovery Manager: Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production

RMAN-06006: connected to target database: test (not mounted)
RMAN-00569: ================error message stack follows================
RMAN-00554: initialization of internal recovery manager package failed
RMAN-04004: error from recovery catalog database: ORA-01033: ORACLE
initialization or shutdown in progress
child process exited abnormally
Last Message : The job failed

The recovery is working if the database is open.I can recover the tablespace
and also the datafiles,but I cannot recover the whole database. Can somebody help me out how I can solve this probs. Thanks in advance
arun

Author: ARUN K C
  INET: arun_k_c_at_hotmail.com