Backup Solutions

From: David Lee <dba_lee_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 09:59:28 CDT

Howdy,
We are looking for a good exterprise database backup strategy. Our shop is fairly new and new databases are set up on a monthly basis and they are growing rapidly. Right now we are using shell scripts to schedule backups and I am not sure if this is a good long-term solution for us because we have to set it up for each database and it becomes a hassle when you have to verfify the new backups. We need something more centralized, easier to setup and verify. So I just want to know what other DBAs are using to backup their data.

TIA David