e-commerce - application servers?

From: Jeff Wiegand <jwiegand_at_ancept.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:15:20 -0500

This is not exactly a database question, but I thought I'd check here, and ANY advice is needed.

We are building and deploying an educational/e-commerce site for a startup here in Minneapolis. The platform is Solaris/8i on the backend and Solaris/Apache/Jrun for the application server. We do not have multiple application servers for load sharing.

The educational portion of the applications are all HTML/JavaScript/Java(servlets), and they're database driven - portions of the applications are very database intensive.

We have a bottleneck. We know it's not the database, because we've run some tests and queries execute very fast on the backend. We are looking into Net8 and are starting to look at our Application server environment.

My question is, has anyone deployed with an Apache/Jrun combination? What are the alternatives to Jrun? Does anyone use Oracle Application server with Java applications? If so, could you provide us with your perspective/opinions? Received on Thu Jun 29 2000 - 10:15:20 CDT