Re: OEM NT-client connection to Sun Solaris OEM-server

From: Robert Jenkins <rojenkin_at_district.vannet.k12.wa.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:01:18 -0700

Eric,

Can you ping the client that has management server software from the = Oracle server that has the OEM repository? I had to have both my client workstation and the OEM repository server = listed on my DNS sever before a good connection could be made.

rj

>>> "Eric Lansu" <eric.lansu_at_quicknet.nl> 6/29/00 8:29:40 AM >>>
Dear fellow DBA's

I have installed Oracle OEM server on a Sun Sparc-solaris system, and I = can run the console on this machine locally. But, I don't want to do this, = I want to run the console on a fat-client on NT.

I connect as the sysman at the IP-address of the OEM-server, but it gives = me a 'VTK-1000: Unable to connect to the management server <IP>. Please = verify that you have entered the correct host name and the status of the = Oracle Management Server' message.

I can connect with SQL-plus, UNIX etc. but this doesn't seem to work. I = re-installed the client-side, recreated the repository with the assistant = at the Sun, the management server, the listener and the dbsnmp-client are = running.

I don't know what to do anymore; do you????

Met vriendelijke groeten,
With regards,
Yst=E4v=E4llisin terveisin,

ERIC LANSU,=20 Received on Thu Jun 29 2000 - 13:01:18 CDT