Re: Off topic - replying to items on this list

From: <sean.hull_at_pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:14:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Chuck Hamilton wrote:

> It's also a yahoo-ism, altavista-ism, lotus-notes-ism, and
> any-email-client-that-proprtly-interprets-headers-ism. The headers
> include a "reply-to" which is supposed to tell the client to override
> the "from" header on replies. I find it annoying that I have to cut and
> paste email addresses to do a simple reply-all and include the original
> sender.

This is PURELY a function of your email client. All the information for a reply-to-all is in the email header. Pine is the client I use. It does a reply-to-all without a problem. I don't have to cut and paste. The default is to reply just to the list, per the reply-to tag. You should probably be able to override this with your email client preferences, with some switch say always-reply-to-from-field or something.

If you have to cut-and-paste manually, it seems it's a major limitation of your mail client. Received on Thu Jun 29 2000 - 14:14:10 CDT