RE: Real world OCP

From: Bill Conner <bconner_at_verio.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:38:19 -0600

At 11:59 AM 6/29/00 -0800, you wrote:
>I agree with a lot of what you say, Patrice. As far as the life and death
>issues and DBAs, I imagine there are some people on the list who could tell
>war stories of when DBA skills really did come down to literal life and
>death decisions, but most of the time it's just a matter of pressing the
>right buttons in an organized way or killing someone's week's business, or
>indeed their business as a whole. I definitely think some kind of licensing
>is in order.

If you guys need a piece of paper to tell you that you have the skill sets to be
a dba then you are in the wrong job. i have managed to keep from ever losing a database sense i started over 8 years ago, and it did not require a license,
just some dedication, the ability to read a manual and lots of hard work. Great
people who want more and more red tape and control, just what this country needs.