Re: Recovery in a Replicated environment

From: A. Bardeen <abardeen1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 22:30:55 -0700 (PDT)

Tina,

If you find any, I'd love to see them too!

Here are some issues, off the top of my head and in no particular order, that need to be considered for recovery in an n-way replication environment (you have more flexibility since you're essentially doing one-way replication for failover):

Again, I cannot emphasize enough the importance of a robust conflict resolution scheme. In many cases it can mean the difference between keeping and losing your job!

Additions, corrections, and comments are, of course, welcome.

HTH,