performance -views

From: Paul Sehgal <Paul.Sehgal_at_radiantnetworks.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:14:13 +0100

This is a MIME message. If you are reading this text, you may want to consider changing to a mail reader or gateway that understands how to properly handle MIME multipart messages.

--=_6C3401C1.E889E588

Hi,

   I'm designing a database which will be very transcactional. What are the=  performance implications in using views instead of allowing direct access = to a table? My wvews would be a select * from each table.=20 Thanks,
Paul Sehgal.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system administrator mailto:postmaster_at_radiantnetworks.co.uk

--=_6C3401C1.E889E588

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT: 8pt MS Sans Serif; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px; MARGIN-TOP: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=3D1>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D1>&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm designing a database which will be ver=
y=20
transcactional. What are the performance implications in using views instea= d of=20
allowing direct access to a table? My wvews would be a select * from each t= able.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D1>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D1>Paul Sehgal.</FONT></DIV><CODE><FONT SIZE=3D3><BR>
<BR>

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and<BR> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they<BR> are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify<BR> the system administrator mailto:postmaster_at_radiantnetworks.co.uk<BR>
<BR>

</FONT></CODE></BODY></HTML>