Selecting from Calendar ??

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <rajendra.jamadagni_at_espn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:38:19 -0400

Hi all,

I have a Calendars table ... where we save month_start and month_end date. The start/end dates of these months have no relationship with actual months in Normal (Gregorian) calendars.

What I need is a list of month_num, month_start and month_end dates when I provide a start and end date.

The table structure is table_cal (year, month, month_start, month_end), for the same of simplicity let's assume this table contains gregorian calendar.

e.g. (based on gregorian calendar_ when I enter 01-15-2000 to 05-10-2000 Expected Result
YEAR MONTH START END

2000	1	01-01-2000		01-31-2000
2000	2	02-01-2000		02-29-2000
2000	3	03-01-2000		03-31-2000
2000	4	04-01-2000		04-30-2000
2000	5	05-01-2000		05-31-2000

BTW I can't make use of LAST_DAY or FIRST_DAY as the start /end dates for our months are different from those of Gregorian Calendar months. We use Broadcast calendars, where a month ends on the last sunday e.g. Jun 2000 is May29 - Jun25 and Jul 2000 is Jun26 - Jul30. I have been trying to get this in SQL for a day, but no avail ... I know this can be done in pl/sql, but if I could do this in SQL, it would help as lots of processing needs to be done based on this logic.

Your help is greatly appreciated
TIA
Raj

Rajendra Jamadagni MIS, ESPN Inc.
Rajendra dot Jamadagni at ESPN dot com
QOTD: Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art ! Any opinion expressed here is personal and doesn't reflect that of ESPN Inc. Received on Wed Jun 28 2000 - 09:38:19 CDT