Recovery in a Replicated environment

From: Tina Ridgley <tlridgley_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:57:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all.

We are using multi-master replication using Oracle 8.1.6 running on Solaris 2.6. Although we are set up for multi-master replication, there will only be transaction activity at one site unless the primary site is lost, in which case we'll be switching to the secondary site.

Does anyone have any experience performing recovery in this type of environment or know of any papers which outline what steps should be taken for performing recovery in a replicated environment using different recovery scenarios.

I would appreciate any help I can get in this area as I have been having trouble finding any sources which address this with any level of detail.

TIA, Tina

Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere! http://mail.yahoo.com/ Received on Wed Jun 28 2000 - 12:57:51 CDT