NT: TNS_ADMIN on Windwos again

From: Leng Kaing <leng.kaing_at_hancorp.com.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:39:40 +1000

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry but I have to ask this question again. I realise that this thread was raised a while back but I can't seem to get it going.

So the question is, if I've got multiple versions of Oracle installed on my Windows 95 and WinNT, how do I go about pointing to just the one single set of TNSNAMES.ORA and SQL*NET.ORA? I've tried setting a string variable (TNS_ADMIN and TNSADMIN) in various parts of the registry to no avail. Places I've tried, starting from and including HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | ORACLE:

  1. misc_reg_entries
  2. ORACLE_HOMES
  3. ALL_HOMES
Second question is: will all other tools like ODBC, TOAD, etc pick up this new variable? Or will they still look for them in %ORACLE_HOME%/network/admin? or %ORACLE_HOME%/net80/admin

TIA,
> Leng.
> Leng Kaing
> Tel: +61-3-9843-8440
> Email: leng.kaing_at_hancorp.com.au

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

www.mimesweeper.com