32bit and 64bit shared libraries

From: John Dunn <john.dunn_at_sefas.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:18:15 +0100

I am developing an external C procedure on a 32 bit AIX 4.2.1 machine and need to implement on a 64bit 4.3 AIX S7A machine that does not have a C compiler. Can I just copy the shared library(.so) I created on the 32bit machine to the 64 bit machine. Will it work?.

Oracle is 8.0.5

John

 From: "O'Neill, Sean" <Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie>  Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:14:13 +0200
 Subject: Real world OCP

I've seen a number of threads at various stages about whether OCP is of any real practical value. For example some have expressed the point of view that it's a memory test and whilst it's fine to know the theoery practical experience is significant too. I don't know how many OCP's actively take part on this list but it occured to me that with the range of problems being posted here that a possible good validation of OCP, possibly especially for those who "crash coursed" it is to see how many of the problems posted you can answer..... It's kinda easier when they're not your problems ;) Of course the Oracle product is expanding and there are now OCPs for various areas but I think the principle still applies. For the past few weeks, when I've had time, I've been looking a questions posted and trying to see if I can answer them, comparing my attempts with those posted. It's a bit of fun and also a real eyer opener about my lack of knowledge, or misunderstood POV in many cases. Thanks to all who share knowledge on the list!!!

Any OCP's on the list care to share how well they do at answering questions posted and for background whether they "crashed coursed" or got certification there after X years of on the job experience?.

Regards,
Sean :)

######   ######  ######  ######
#    #   #    #  #    #  #    #  Rookie
####     #    #  ######  ######  Data
#   #    #    #  #    #  #    #  Base
#    #  #######  ######  #    #  Adminstrator

-------------------------------- ------------
Organon (Ireland) Ltd.
E-mail: sean.oneill_at_organon.ie [subscribed: Digest Mode]

The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything.

 From: "Marin Dimitrov" <marin_at_sirma.bg>  Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:32:56 +0300
 Subject: Re: Granting sysdba to a user

>      What should i do to grant SYSBDA to user created .
> Now its failing with the following error ,
>
> ORA-01994: GRANT failed: cannot add users to public password file

try adding

REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE=exclusive

in your initXXX.ora file and restart the instance

hope this helps,

    Marin

"The important thing for all of us is never look *at* the bars, look *through* them. Because if you keep looking *at* bars, you'll never get anything done, and you'll never have fun in life, any joy."

                                                  William Wharton, "Pride"

 From: "Suhen Pather" <pathers5_at_telkom.co.za>  Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:11:25 +0200
 Subject: Re: # of Indexes

Hi

You do not need to export/import to move those indexes to another = tablespace.
However that is a nice way of doing it since it removes fragmentation from = tablespace.
You can however rebuild those indexes to another tablespace and leave the = current data in that tablespace.
It should not give you a difference in no. of indexes using the indexfile = Received on Tue Jun 27 2000 - 03:18:15 CDT