SQLNet V1 issue to support Dynacomm 16-bit app.

From: Gait, Christopher <cgait_at_condor.nrl.navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:36:00 -0400

I'm relaying a tech support request:

"We have a 16 bit application(Dynacomm) that calls oracle via DDEMGR and sqlnet 1. I know that neither of these are supported any more but they still work fine as long as we can used SQL*NET V1.. Thus that is why we run a 7.2.3 instance with sqlnet 1 and sqlnet2 that links to our 8.1.5 database via sqlnet2.

Dynacomm does have a newer release but it does not support the Adapt SNA gateway that we must have in order to do labor. The last time I talked to their development team they had no plans to support this.

The reason I say 7.2.3 is because I thought this was the last version that supported sqlnet 1.
We currently either run 7.2.3 or 7.2.2 version of the database on our unix systems."

Oracle only sends out 7.3.4 and later at this point. Does anyone have an alternative solution to this? Received on Tue Jun 27 2000 - 09:36:00 CDT