RE: trusted oracle

From: Jack van Zanen <nlzanen1_at_ey.nl>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:22:12 +0100

Hi All,

Thanks to all that replied.

I guess I should have known better than to call OWW support just before lunch. The guy at Oracle was wrong and it is normal install as I later concluded from all the mail to the list plus another call to Oracle where I talked to another person.
my select * from dba_jobs apparantly fails across different platforms (UNIX to Win95) but works on same platform (UNIX to UNIX).

Tnx

Jack

"Kimberly Smith" <kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com>@fatcity.com on 06/25/2000 12:57:29 AM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:
Subject: RE: trusted oracle

Not only is it not shipped with the regular distribution its a different color cd and requires a different mounting command then the regular distribution. Also, I doubt that it could install successfully without a trusted OS as its looking for some very specific things. Of course I never tried that so... When you installed did it ask anything about what you wanted DBLOW and DBHIGH set at?

Author: guy ruth hammond
  INET: grh_at_agency.com

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com

De informatie verzonden met dit E-mail bericht is uitsluitend bestemd voor
de geadresseerde. Gebruik van deze informatie door anderen dan de
geadresseerde is verboden. Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging, verspreiding
en/of verstrekking van deze informatie aan derden is niet toegestaan.
Ernst & Young staat niet in voor de juiste en volledige overbrenging van de
inhoud van een verzonden E-mail, noch voor tijdige ontvangst daarvan.
The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If you
are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying,  distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Ernst &
Young is neither liable  for the proper and complete transmission of the
information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its