Character to CLOB in PL/SQL

From: <StevenHaas_at_ebico.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 15:47:20 -0400

Good Afternoon List,

Envt: Oracle 8.1.5, HP-UX 11.0 (64 bit)

I am trying to generate index DDL into a table for a data transformation tool (Informatica) using a stored procedure. The DDL in the table will be used to drop and recreate or rebuild indexes after a large insert (600000 rows) into a DW fact table. For non-partitioned "normal" and "bitmap" indexes a varchar2 variable inserted into a varchar2(4000) column works fine.

However when trying to generate DDL for a partitioned index with 200+ partitions this doesn't work.
I am trying to use a CLOB datatype in the target table and CLOB variables and having some difficulty.

Has anyone done something like this and is willing to share code snippets?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Steve Haas
DBA Consultant
@ Royal & SunAlliance
steven_haas_at_rsausa.com
opusllc_at_email.com

Opinions expressed, right or wrong, are my own... Received on Tue Jun 27 2000 - 14:47:20 CDT