Re:

From: A. Bardeen <abardeen1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 06:02:55 -0700 (PDT)

Mohamed,

I knew if I answered a pl/sql question someone would jump to the conclusion that I actually know something about pl/sql ;)

I'm sure Jared or one of the other pl/sql experts can give you an example or explain this better, but I'll just have to give you the gist of the idea and hope that someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

The problem is probably because you're trying to do a simple select to populate the xx variable. I think you need to open a cursor to get the info from the table and then use the cursor to populate the xx variable.

HTH,

Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere! Received on Mon Jun 26 2000 - 08:02:55 CDT