RE: Hash join not being used

From: <Dan.Hubler_at_midata.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 09:23:23 -0500

Thanks for the reply.
The optimizer has always been set to CBO and the tables have been analyzed (10%)
on a weekly basis for many months. Just last week, we did analyze (compute) on the
tables in question, with no change in the results.

I should have included that information in my original post.

Diane Whitehead <Diane.Whitehead_at_palmerharvey.co.uk>@fatcity.com on 06/26/2000 09:57:08 AM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

Sent From the mail file of: Dan Hubler

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:

Subject: RE: Hash join not being used

If your optimizer is set to cost based and the tables concerned have been analyzed between the change in execution plan, that could account for the alteration.

Author: Diane Whitehead
  INET: Diane.Whitehead_at_palmerharvey.co.uk