Re: Interesting developments at Oracle ....

From: John Barron <jbarron_at_windriver.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 14:53:12 -0700

I think this article refers in part to Oracle Apps 11i which comes with Oracles new OAS (Oracle Application Server) which comes with a larry's customised Apache Server. This will replace the current OAS which is used with Oracle Apps release 11. Oracle Apps 11i is gearded heavily towards Self Service applications where users interface with Oracle Apps via a web browser (hey no more Forms - is this the death of oracle Forms?).

If you use OAS most of the DBA work is done using a web browser so I think I would say in part Yes to your question with more of our work done over the internet/intranet using web browsers. (shame really coz I like greping around with vi and awk). But its some time away yet I think.

john b