Re: FW: Solaris-Oracle Question

From: Rajan Varad G <vrajan_at_hsc.hac.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:05:17 -0700

--------------11CAF45DB3E020DF93C10465

Geeta Iyer wrote:

> Here's a problem faced by a colleague..
> Any ideas..
>
> Any ideas/inputs would be really helpful.
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> We are having a problem with an 8.1.6 Oracle database server on Solaris 2.6.
> Basically, we have loaded Oracle identically on two Sun E450 boxes. One
> server (a newer server) works perfectly. The older server however, gives an
> error "Oracle not available" when we try to create databases via dbassist.
>
> Other information: Oracle resides exclusively on external storage (A1000's).
> Veritas First Watch is loaded on the server which doesn't work. We have
> killed Veritas and reinstalled and continue to have this problem. We have
> reinstalled several times. The install goes perfectly.
>
> I know there are many variables which could affect. Can anyone recommend
> what config files help with the diagnostic
> process?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Geeta
>
> --
> Author: Geeta Iyer
> INET: geeta.iyer_at_sprintparanet.com

Geeta:
Please see that the absolute path you put in for Control file, data file and log file are correct and check the owner too.

..Varad

--------------11CAF45DB3E020DF93C10465

 filename="vrajan.vcf"

begin:vcard
n:Rajan;Varad
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Hughes Space and Communications;Information Technology adr:;;;;;;
version:2.1
email;internet:varad.rajan_at_hsc.hac.com
title:Technical Staff
note;quoted-printable:Ph: 310-662-5195=0D=0AFax: 310-364-5933 x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Varad Rajan Received on Mon Jun 26 2000 - 17:05:17 CDT