dropping users

From: <Brian_McQuillan_at_gelco.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 14:58:38 -0400

Hi
I am encountering a problem when trying to drop users from one of our development databases,
every time I issue the drop user command , I get an ORA -03113 - end of file on commmunications channel
error like this

SQL> drop user faitht;
drop user faitht
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

has anybody else seen this happening and if so how did you fix it

the database is 8.1.5.00 running on a solaris 2.6 box, I don't get the problem on any other instances running the same version of oracle on the same box, or
indeed on any of my NT instances, again 8.1.5.0.0

hope you can help Received on Sat Jun 24 2000 - 13:58:38 CDT